The Equality Act 2010, has brought together three previous pieces of legislation to prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race and disability.
Complying with the previous Disability Discrimination Act 1995 HP Contracts has extensive experience in the provision of measures to improve accessibility for the less able which will continue to be required under the new Equality Act.
- Created disabled and access toilets with specialist sanitaryware, automated flush and tap controls, grab rails & panic alarms
- Specialist hygiene rooms with lifting apparatus
- Installed internal & external access ramps and handrails
- Widened doorways, fitted vision panels
- Replaced flooring, tiling & decoration where visual delineation was insufficient
- Installed access lifts
- Fitted automated door access controls
- Rise and fall tables and appliances for kitchen installations
- Laid tactile paving & dropped kerbs